· Chair quarterly Council meetings.
· Host quarterly all-member conference calls.
· Meet monthly with Chapman staff administrator to guide program development.
· Review and sign major program communications.
· Utilize personal and professional connections to promote the group nationally and internationally.
· Ensure programs align with the group mission statement and university priorities.
· Facilitate access to a wide range of industry connections and professional opportunities for fellow members, alumni, and current students.
· Support and help organize Industry Connect events.
· Organize and identify speakers/ topics for the annual Alumni Speaker Panel.
· Identify opportunities to align Chapman50 members with the University in ways to give back in a way that creates career opportunities for alumni.
· Actively connect Chapman50 members with Chapman University staff and administrators to promote career opportunities and partnerships.
· Review new membership applications with Chairman, Vice Chairman, & Executive Director.
· Maintain an active wait list of approved Chapman50 candidates to become members once a spot is available.
· Maintain an active prospect list of potential Chapman50 members that have not submitted an official application.
· Review current membership list in regards to status of annual gifts.
· Maintain active relationships with university Deans and actively work to identify and recruit candidates for Chapman50.
Co-Chairs of Event Planning
Casey Kasprzyk '01
Producer, The Bold and The Beautiful of CBS
View Full Bio
Todd Koren '00
CEO and Founder, Absolute Exhibits Inc.
View Full Bio
· Manage annual Chapman50 event calendar including the annual retreat, American Celebration, Economic Forecast & Forecast Update, Holiday Part, and other special Chapman50 events.
· Work with Chair of Communications on making sure all Chapman50 members have full knowledge of our annual calendar.
· Works with Chapman University program administrators in regards to potential events.
· Coordinate estimated costs with Chair of Finance to stay within budget.
· Primary point of contact for all members to suggest event ideas.
· Work with Chapman University staff on photography, content, and organization of events.
Chair of Mentorship and Professional Development
Mark Schauwecker (MBA '03)
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, Foundation Building Materials
View Full Bio
· Manage Chapman50 Student Scholars Program
· Work with staff to appropriately match member mentors with students and alumni.
· Coordinate with event planning on Chapman50 student scholars event(s).
· Incorporate members and students into professional development programs.
· Make contact with members that have not been at recent events, actively try to re-engage those members.
· Make contact with members that have fallen behind on annual dues payments to make a peer to peer connection and see what the status is.
· Be on the pulse of membership health and report to Chairman.
· Propose programs to encourage maximum membership health and activity.
· Ask members for feedback and suggestions.